Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Choosing Sides

The phrase "The Lord is with them/him" appears more than a dozen times in the Old Testament. Popular culture and leaders striving to motivate the masses often tout the phrase "God is on our side..." I'm asked from time to time - "What will you ask the Lord when you see Him in heaven?"

What about being "with the Lord" or "on God's side"?

Don't get me wrong, I believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God. I just don't understand yet what He wants us to learn from the repetition of that phrase from that vantage point. He has expressed often that He desires relationship with us, that He is perfecting us into the image of His Son, so shouldn't that phrase be the other way around?

Anyone who understands the original Hebrew, could you shed some light on that for me?

Preciate ya.

Holla back.

A

No comments: