Friday, June 16, 2006

Trust in the Lord...

You know, I've heard that verse about "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding... and He will make your paths straight."

Tonight, I trusted that regardless of lousy pitching, the Lord would deliver the Red Sox into victory. And He did. I also trusted that He gave me a very cool parking space at Turner Field. But, when I returned to that very cool parking space, I found several people on their cell phones with the same look on their faces. It was the "dude, where's my car" look. Yes. We had all disobeyed a rule that we had never even seen and they towed probably a good 25 cars, among them, mine.

This does not seem like a straight path to me.

But, then again, whose eyes am I looking through to see the path?

And, dare I ignore the Lord's counsel? Heck, no. If scripture is true, there's likely something amazing waiting for me on the other side of this!

After walking 2 miles back to where my friends could pick me up, I found out that the 24 hour impound does not allow you to pick up your car without paying for the release at the Atlanta Police Station... and that doesn't open until 8:00 AM. So, why was I so calm?

I'm not sure it's anything I did that made me that way. But God has been stamping into my heart and head that it's not really my car or my stuff in the first place. It's all created by Him, owned by Him, and loaned to us for a moment in time.

We don't own it, we're just lucky to manage it for a while. So, suck it up and trust in the Lord. Is it possible that making our path straight could bear striking resemblance to creating a more proactive character that looks out for "too good to be true" scenarios? What if God is dragging you through some unintelligible mess to prepare you for an impending tragedy?

No comments: